I have recently discovered some things about myself.
1) I really don't love to blog.
2) I love writing in a journal even less.
However, I think that keeping a history of life is important. Even if it's for no other reason than looking back at all the mistakes you've made and trying to do better. And so, blogging ends up being the lesser of two evils.
Kevin's Grandmother passed away a few weeks ago. We all knew it was coming but it still shocked me a little bit. I didn't realize until she was gone how little I knew her. Mostly because I never took the time. She was a great person with an amazing history! A history that I hope to remember and share with my children. She had a very simple life but her stories are full of so many life lessons! She has inspired me.
Even though my life may seem simple to me, it's worth recording. I spend the better part of my days with two children who can't talk. It's downright boring sometimes. But someday I'm going to want to remember what my family was like in the beginning. Someday, I'm going to want to look back at the boring stuff. Plus, even though my kids can't talk, they're pretty darn cute:)
Dear Shanskies...It's about time. And let me just tell you that the post is fabulous! It has all the right things: it sounds like you talking, it has the word "like" used in a way that Mom would correct, it talks about something that inspired you, and it sports a darling pic of your kidlets. Keep it up (or else).
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you! I've been thinking I should start something, too. Someday your kids will ask you what they were like when they were little, and there is no way you'll remember unless you make a record of it! I speak from personal experience. And I enjoy hearing about your days, even though they may seem less than spectacular to you.
ReplyDeleteSOOOOOOOO CUTE! Your kids are adorable, and you and Kevin are not so bad either. Not to pretend like I am that much farther ahead, but it is so good to write it down because it helps you remember and I love remembering. I love being able to tell the kids what they did and there are so many nights when the day has been crazy and Dallin and I will sit up laughing about things they have done and remembering. It helps us to enjoy it! I love you guys, and I love the blog.
ReplyDelete